Thursday, April 26, 2007

quilting project


Remember waaaaay back when I wrote how Mary and I made a king-size split 9 patch quilt top for our new wedding anniversary bed? Well, I sent it out to the long-arm quilter back in February and had to fend off the "How many kids are you planning to have?" questions while I was dropping it off. She finished stiching an overall design today and graciously dropped it off after supper and bathtime. Boy! She did a fantastic job and after draping it over the bed it really is dramatic. I still have to make the binding and sew it on, but that will have to wait until after the move. All my sewing stuff is already packed up and I don't have time to do anything but school, pack, organize, and visit Mother in the next 3 weeks.


1 comment:

Barbara said...

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the quilting (just a ballpark would be great)? I'm making a king-size quilt for a friend and have SERIOUS doubts about being able to quilt it. I'd love to send it away.