Monday, August 16, 2010

less than a week to go

until Tim arrives for a week's vacation. The Union Fair begins Saturday and it will be lovely to be able to attend as a family, watching the children on the rides, licking scoops of ice cream, and rooting on the participants in the pig scramble. The program arrived a few days ago so Mary and I have decided that Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday are the best days to go. Of course, just buying all-you-can-ride bracelets for 5 children is almost $100, so they know that we can only do that one day. 

I don't want my husband to think that I've been this giant slacker since he's been gone, so the whole place has to be spic and span for his arrival. The children's beds have been stripped and the sheets bleached, the garage cleaned, and the van vacuumed out already, but we still have to tidy the barn, cut the grass, clean off the accumulated papers off every flat surface, and mop all the floors. I need to clean out the oven from a bad baking experiment and iron all the shirts and dresses that have piled up. I'm sure that after a week of all our activities the house will become messy again, but I'm sure Tim will appreciate our efforts for the whole 15 minutes it stays perfectly clean. 

No comments: