Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Michelle Obama would not approve

The little boys lately have been stuffing their footed pajamas full of pillows or stuffed animals and saying, "I'm fat!" before bumping into each other and exploding into fits of giggles. I'm sure they got it from an out-of-print Richard Scarry Little Golden book called Just For Fun. Charlie zips up an entire pillow in his jammies, while Timmy puts Geraldine and Fluffy (his giraffe and dog that isn't fluffy anymore) around his waistline, making him resemble someone with a serious cellulite problem.

I, for one, am grateful that they picked this page out of the book to copy, they could have decided to replicate turning my kitchen chairs into a steam shovel or painting pictures on the walls.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehehe! Children's imaginations care little about "political correctness"

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't Michelle Obama approve? Sorry, I don't get the reference. Help?

Thanks,
Alicia

kat said...

Oh, come on. Her big push is against childhood obesity (complete with embarrasing her own children's struggles with food)and here are my kids playing that they are obese.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* see what I miss out on by not having a television. So, childhood obesity is her "thing". I was guessing that they were pretending to have babies in their tummies (that's what my little ones do) Michele Obama surely would not approve of that! :)

Alicia