Wednesday, April 16, 2008

weekday mornings

This is the scene (senza bambinos) on a typical weekday morning in our little schoolroom. Will sits on one side of the table and Mary on the other, with me in between to keep down any scuffles. When we first started homeschooling I only was teaching Will so this small table fit the bill perfectly. However, now with two more children and their books, pencils, and cups of hot cocoa it is becoming a bit crowded.


While many homeschooling moms teach at the dining room or kitchen table, we have been blessed to have a seperate schoolroom. I like having all our resources in one place, keeping down the clutter of books, papers, and pencils out of the rest of the house. Will's favorite's are non-fiction books about technology while Mary is a speed reader of novels. Maggie, Charlie, and sometimes even Timmy like to sit on the floor and pull book after book off the shelves and "read" quietly. My kiddy-lit collection began when I discovered I was pregnant with Will. By the time he was born I had amassed over 400 books and haven't stopped since. These are a total of 8 bookcases in the schoolroom. Even with all these beauties, I am still looking forward to visiting the used book vendor at the IHM homeschool conference up in Washington, DC in June!

3 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

We do not have a schoolroom, though both DH and I have separate offices.

We justify this on the grounds that since we have one homeschooler, a shelf on the dining room bookcase should be enough.

Now where did we put that math video?

As they say, the best laid plans...

Anyway, your schoolroom is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your Blog :) God bless you

Mrs. Darling said...

Love the pics. I have a schoolroom but not that nice. Thank you for the lovely tour.