Monday, April 28, 2008

reading circle

After swinging by the library on Friday afternoon I came home with several recently released novels which I almost devoured. Since I love to quilt, I snatched up the latest of the Elm Creek series which presents my fantasy career of running a quilt camp in a an old manor house. Then I almost shrieked when I saw that Nancy Atherton is out with a new Aunt Dimity mystery, a sweet series that makes me want to find my own thatched cottage in England complete with a extraordinary nanny and a guide from the beyond.

Both series focus on family and friendships, life in a small town, and how everyone needs an outlet for their creativity. While I may never move across the Atlantic or host hordes of quilters on our farm, I would like to settle down roots in a small town and find a business opportunity that gives release to my passions and creative juices.

What have you been reading lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep heading to the library to pick out a few books---some you have recommended...but then, 3 weeks later, I have to return them...without even having finished one chapter...sigh...

When do you make the time to read?

kat said...

Well, I simply love to read, have to every night before I go to bed. We also have no TV so the choices are play Clue for the 400th time, read aloud for 2 hours straight, attempt to have a grownup conversation while being interrupted every 5 seconds, or read.
Plus, I read really fast. I can finish a mystery in about an hour. 2 weeks later I can't remember who did it, but that means that I can read it again with the same thrill!
:)