Tuesday, May 27, 2008

saying goodbye

While we were gone last week our babysitter and her family moved to Ohio. Gwen was a good sitter, not fantastically interactive with the children, but dependable. She showed up every weekday for 9 months at 2pm to watch the kids while I went running. Timmy usually slept through the hour, and some days I took one or two with me, but usually Gwen had 5 children under 10 demanding to watch a movie, read a story, and get a sippy cup of juice all at the same time. Yeah, my daily life, but the girl is 15 and only used to one sibling who can get his own juice.

My life these days has boiled down to # of XYZ left before we move. Will only has 1 more piano lesson tomorrow and 1 more Cub Scout activity. There are only about 2-3 weeks worth of school stuff left and we only have to make the hour drive to Mass six more times.

I am not the only one who has to constantly look at the calendar. On the way home from the pool yesterday I overheard another woman repeat to her husband what Maggie said moments before, "When is it going to be tomorrow so we can go back to the pool?"

No comments: