Wednesday, May 28, 2008

IHM Conference in DC

I went to this conference a few years back and had a great time meeting up with Internet friends, learning about great Catholic books, and hearing inspirational talks concerning homeschooling and Catholic life. Due to Timmy being born and moving to NC I haven't been able to attend recently, but have my hotel reservations and schedule all ready for June 13 and 14th. This morning I highlighted the talks I want to sit in on:

Surviving Siblings: Homeschooling Different Ages at the Same Time (Ginny Seuffert-mom of 12)

Tips for the Overwhelmed Mom: Keeping Your Children on Track (Dr. Catherine Moran)

Sports and Divine Providence (Rebecca Dussault-Olympic athlete)

Joy: Allowing the Eternal into the Everyday (Father Matthew Zuberbueler)

Man and Woman: A Divine Invention (Dr. Alice von Hildebrand)

Finishing the Race: Homeschooling Through High School (Ginny Seuffert)

The Central Importance of Order in Teaching, Learning, and Living (Laura Berquist)

Male and Female Complementary and Differences (Father Joseph Mary Brown)

Pope Benedict XVI and the Mass (Father Joseph Fessio)

Taming the Tough Teens (Dr. Ray Guarendi)

Essential Study Skills: The Path to Success (Dr. Ann Martin)

Christian Hope (Father Joseph Mary Brown)

Sensitive Subjects: Teaching Controversial Aspects of History (Prof. Brendan McGuire)

I'll try to take good notes and share here some of what I learn. If you are going to this conference, let me know and I'll save you a seat! (and share pictures of the kids)

2 comments:

Allison said...

I plan on being there for many of the same topics. Should be great!

Anonymous said...

please tell us what Fr. Fessio said. I couldn't go and regret it deeply :-((