Monday, May 19, 2008

7 hours later...

After our rainy drive yesterday I quickly realized that even a 10 mile commute in DC can turn into 30 minutes of torture. On an early Sunday afternoon which anywhere else would be a pleasant drive, we were stuck in traffic creeping along at 20 mph and passed the Capital Beltway exit Tim will take in to work in a few months. I can't imagine what the scene looks like today on a typical Monday morning. So after my brother-in-law lent me a map book of the county, I sat down this morning with my large mug of hot cocoa and methodically looked up each listing and determined exactly where on the map each was located. While several of the houses looked picturesque on 2 acre lots, I threw the cards away because renting any of them would force Tim to be in the car for over 2 hours each day.

After emailing the realtor with our pared down list of 8 houses, I am going to head up to my other sister-in-law's house (a very pretty and not crowded commute) to meet up with the girls and spend a day in the country walking the trails, wading in the stream, and spend many hours visiting with both my husband's wonderful sisters.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good luck!!!!