Thursday, May 22, 2008

quest finished!

After house hunting using my much planned list and striking out, the realtor and I pulled up recent listings and highlighted 5 houses closer in to DC. I was so excited about one place that I left a bit early and stopped by the empty house alone to walk around the lot, ring some doorbells, get a feel for the neighborhood. I was concerned that the lot slopes down steeply in the back, but decided that the size and location put it at the top of my list. So after a bit of paranoid flip-flopping I said, "This is the one." Afterwards I feel pretty dumb because I brought along the digital camera and didn't take a single picture! All I have to show Tim and the kids is one little black and white image of the front yard and my muddled description of the interior. I recall that the same thing happened on our last move. Luckily it really is a pretty house and I think we will be very comfortable and happy there.

After 3 days of dealing with horrid traffic I have decided to go back down the Eastern Shore and stop on the way to visit my grandmother. She just had surgery and is back in the ICU. Our detour will add a few days to the trip, but we aren't in any hurry and it will give me a chance to visit. I also admit that it will be nice go back on roads I know and not have to constantly scan the MapQuest directions in my lap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!

It is always difficult to say "this is it" but also very much a relief!

I am so glad your house-finding mission was a success!

God bless you and your family,
Donna