Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring has sprung

The past two days I have gone running in a t-shirt and shorts. The forsythia, quince, tulip and star magnolias, and daffodils are all beginning to bloom. Warmth has filled the air. I love this time of year when the plants outside are calling me to come walk among them admiring their fuzzy buds getting ready to unfurl. I even mowed the grass for the first time this year yesterday.
The children are also eager about playing outside as well. They pulled out soccer balls and wagons and even the umbrella to play our Winnie the Pooh "tut-tut, it looks like rain" game. I quickly had to go through the kid's clothing bins and pull out short sleeve shirts and shorts. Last week we had to bundle the children up in blankets and gloves, hats and coats, now they can play outside without me having to say, "Put on your socks and shoes, it's cold outside!"

No comments: