Saturday, January 22, 2011

running in the cold

My first race in this 3 race series was a 5K over frozen chunks of mud. My overall finish place was 85, age group finish place was 3. My time 24:27.43 gave you a 7:53 pace per mile. The second (6K) race was this morning in 22 F temps, but at the top of Mt. Trashmore in VA Beach, which we had to climb twice, it felt more like 14F. My overall finish place was 78, age group finish place was 3. My time 31:23.52 gave you a 8:25 pace per mile.

Luckily the third race is not until late February, giving me a hope of a warm spell as I'm a little tired of my ears hurting from the cold and my nose running copiously throughout the race. I did pick up a form for the Dismal Swamp Stomp in mid-April, a 13.1 mile run that wouldn't involve running fast, just a steady pace and a pleasant spring day, perfect for a jog through the woods.

No comments: