Thursday, October 29, 2009

more quilting

While I was at the fabric store the other day buying bias tape for Mary's service project I just happened to glance over at the quilting fabric. Many women have a "I can't live without it" reaction to a pair of shoes or item of clothing, but I get that way about certain bolts of cloth, as the overflowing cabinet holding my fabric stash can attest. A hip floral print caught my eye and before I knew it I was saying to the clerk, "1/3 yards of each of these please." Since I already had the pieces for one crib quilt cut out, I finished that top...
and then proceeded to cut out squares and triangles in very stylish aqua, green, and brown. I did raid my stash for most of the fabrics so not too much guilt was incurred by my rash purchase.
I think it will look smashing in my etsy shop once I get Tim to set it up. In the meantime I'll just keep sewing away.

No comments: