Wednesday, October 07, 2009

a good life

Yesterday my grandmother called to tell me that her older brother Henry passed away Monday evening. My great uncle Judge MacKenzie was the jolliest, most cheerful person I have ever encountered with a big hug and smile ready for even the youngest child. One of my favorite memories of him was listening to his gruff voice and watching him get excited over my interest in family history. I am so grateful that he and my cousin Ann sorted and wrote down many stories, letters, and recipes and made binders for everyone for Christmas one year. We all knew Uncle Henry couldn't last forever, but making it to 99 is pretty darn close. I will add him to my list of deceased family I pray for at every Mass and ask for a Hail Mary from all of you for his soul.

No comments: