Saturday, May 23, 2009

it is so quiet...

Yesterday the girls left for a weekend sleepover at their aunties' houses and it is amazing how my work load has diminished with only 4 children in the house.

Only 4 children... it seems funny, because when I had 1 child it seemed like there was an impossible amount of work and effort to get through the day, but now if I only have 3-4 kids at Mass or while running errands it is a mini-vacation. It seems too bad that I didn't know how easy 2 children could be when I only had that number, I could have saved myself a lot of whining and complaining. I certainly don't regret the large number of little people I have to feed and clothe and cuddle, the joy and laughter far outweighs the loads of dirty laundry and arguments that must be broken up every day.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't it funny? lol People do not realize how much more energy it takes to keep one or two children entertained. :-D

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Isn't that funny?!

When my husband takes the older ones somewhere, I'm apt to say "I have only 3 to get in bed" or "I'll only have 4 with me". My sis who has 2 always says sarcastically "Oh, yeah, ONLY 4..."

I had 3 with me at Mass today and it was so easy!