Friday, July 27, 2007

summer reading

Sitting in a cool air conditioned library curled up with a good book is one of summer's great pleasures. Especially when it is 90 degrees outside and the kids are all sweaty and cranky. I took advantage of having two babysitters at my disposal today to get a morning run out of the way and then attempted to give blood this afternoon. After I was rejected for low iron counts, I escaped the heat by swinging over to the library to pick up a new stack of mysteries.

Last night I finished one by a new promising author Maggie Barbieri, entitled Murder 101. The main character is a 30-something professor who finds herself a murder suspect and strongly attracted to one of the NYPD detectives investigating. I admit that I actually cried at the end, not a typical response to a book for me. Her next book comes out in November, which I will certainly look for at the local library.

No comments: