Saturday, May 14, 2011

4 miler results

This morning I had the easier job of getting out the door at 6:30am and driving up to Hampton to run, while Tim had to get all the kids up, dressed, fed, and out the door to have Will serve Mass at 9am. By the time I returned home he had 1/2 the laundry washed and folded, lunch in preparation, and the children's bed's made. He certainly isn't like some husbands I have heard wives complain about, either in his or my homemaking skills. I recall another Navy wife saying that every evening her husband would 'inspect' the apartment and if he found anything out of place or not clean would pitch a fit. I thought she had enough on her plate living overseas with 3 children under the age of 5, but he couldn't manage 2 for more than a day while she was in the hospital giving birth without calling on the neighbors for help. So, I'm grateful that I have such a giving husband who volunteers to haul children hither and yon for their activities as well as some of the household duties. 
So, while Tim was managing the kids, I ran 29:33, for a per mile pace of about 7:30. I placed 3rd overall and brought home a useful beer glass as my prize. My next race is the Elizabeth River Run 10K and then we have a bunch of short races in Maine to look forward to as well as a 10 miler that offers homemade jelly as prizes.        

No comments: