Wednesday, March 31, 2010

good news

After 5 hours, Tim, Julia Ellen, and super-duper helper Will returned home from the ER. Julia Ellen definitely has a small round object in her tummy, where is is supposedly safe. The danger of these batteries is if they get lodged in the esophagus. I'm supposed to watch for it over the next few days and then breathe a huge sigh of relief.

On other fronts we are doing better, I sent a letter to the co-op head, thanking her for including us but stating that we would not be returning. We won't have orders in hand when I go house hunting on Monday, but we have been assured that they are 1 signature away from completed. A plan for fitting in several TAD assignments, packing out, getting us up to Maine, attending all the children's recitals and such is coming together, and we are still working on school every day. I'm waiting for the weather to cooperate so we can go on those last few field trips without having to pack coats and deal with cold children from wind whipping off the water on top of organizing diapers, spare clothes, stroller, and food.

My life right now seems like I'm on the whip ride at the fair, but soon the guy at the switch will realize I'm starting to feel a little nauseous and push the big red button to stop the ride. Soon we will be up in Maine with an entire summer stretching in front of us filled with trips to the beach, fun projects to work on, and nature to explore. I just have to make it through the next few months without losing my lunch in order to get there.

1 comment:

Ute said...

Glad to hear that your daughter is O.K.
I love your metaphor of the whip ride!