Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I'm not drowning anymore!

On Monday morning we hit the highway and drove to St. Paul's in Ellicott City (a really quaint and charming town). We brought our schoolbooks and lunch and met some great Catholic moms who are teaching each other's children twice a week. The kids began with Gregorian chant choir practice and then they all scattered to different rooms to begin their work. I made sure mine were comfortable and then took Timmy and Julia Ellen to join in the fun in the nursery where we played, picked up, read, picked up, ate snacks, picked up, nursed, and picked up one last time before lunch. Will and Mary then complained that they were still starving and didn't have any more work to do so we called it a day and headed home (with a short stop at McDonald's).

It will be a little different having to comply with someone else's speed for getting the work completed (Will was 2 chapters behind in history, but 4 chapters ahead in science), but between the co-op and Elizabeth coming another 2 mornings a week, my head is finally above water and I can see us getting through the rest of the schoolyear without sinking. I like hanging out with the toddlers and babies without simultaneously instructing the older children. Somehow I feel that I have stepped back 8 years in time when all I did all day was make towers with blocks and read The Poky Little Puppy 800 times in a row.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!

Alicia W.

Michelle said...

I am very happy for you!

Renee said...

Glad you found a lifeline to get you through this difficult time in your homeschool journey.