Saturday, February 02, 2008

quilting update

I have just finished a scrappy pinwheel baby quilt that used quirky scraps like balloon and crayon fabric. I recall pinning the blocks to the wall in our house in Italy, so it must have been started a year before Mary was born. I always find conversation prints irresistible in the store, but find it very hard to put them in an actual quilt. Of course the scrap basket is now overflowing again with these cute fabrics, but want to start a more adult project this time.
The new quilt I have in mind is a Union Star arrangement I have made two times for friends and have always wanted for our own home. This one will be larger and will have 4 stars across and down. My busy bee helpers, Mary and Will and I have pressed and sewed all 24 alternate blocks in just a few days.
My goal is to make the entire top only using fabric from my existing stash. You can see that the shelves are stuffed, so much that I could likely make 100 quilts from them. Since it was such a good experience sending out my last big project to a long-arm quilter I will take it up to the local shop in Maine to have Miss Nancy put it together.

2 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I like the one you just finished!
It's so colorful and fun.

Good luck on the next one.

Barbara said...

Pretty quilt -- I love the multi colors! Who gets it for their bed?