Friday, January 25, 2008

sometimes it doesn't pay

Earlier this week I hit the local thrift shop for a bit of fashion rejuvenation. While they don't have a good selection of children's clothes, they do have cheap and good quality women's wear. I found some sweaters and a pretty red knit dress from Talbots, as well as 2 skirts, 10 pieces in all for about $40. While waiting in line I picked up a few magazines for the children and a LEGO Technic Klutz book to build simple machines. Since the bag seemed full of various bits I figured Will would find in interesting and purchased it for $2. However, when I got home and presented it to him, he found that almost 1/2 of the parts were missing. His distress at not being able to make a single machine led us to search LEGO's website and attempt to email to a local mom who's son is immersed in building Technic creations. Finally, Will found a Klutz website address and we found the exact bag of replacement parts we needed for $10. So my bargain turned out to cost $13, still less than the new price, but not quite the steal I had originally thought.

1 comment:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Oh, well. Just think of the fun Will and the others will have once the replacement parts come.
And the fun you will have watching them build!