Friday, January 11, 2008

Frankly my dear, I don't give a ...

A quick scan of the new books at the library and I found another good story, Rhett Butler's People, by Donald McCaig. The author was selected by the Margaret Mitchell Foundation to write this 500 page novel, showing one of the most famous literary romances of all time from other character's perspectives. The book aligns with Gone With The Wind, but giving us the thoughts and backgrounds of Ashley, Melanie, Belle Watling, and of course Rhett Butler.

This is one of those books you shouldn't start right before you go to bed, because you might end up like I did, creeping downstairs at 11pm to find out what happens next. One chapter follows the next and so before you know it, the clock strikes 2am when you close the cover. Even though a bleary eyed day awaited me the next morning, I didn't regret it because it was such a delightful read.

No comments: