Friday, January 18, 2008

I needed a conk on the head?

This morning our little scholars finished up the 2nd quarter by 9:30am so I decided to first clean up the house a bit and then head over to the library. I had ordered a few CDs from The Teaching Company and then was advised to see if the local library had others on the shelf. Well, they do, so we pulled up in the parking lot to discover (for the 3rd time) that the library does not open until 2pm on Fridays. Since 10 other cars pulled up while we were there, I realize that I was not the only citizen to forget these new cost-saving, yet aggravating measures.

After I stepped out of the car to at least put our stacks of books in the book drop, I jumped over a puddle and hit my head on the side view mirror. The smacking sound could be heard all over the parking lot, "Are you okay?" "Yeah, okay," I mumbled and then went around the other side to hold my head and cry. It hurt so badly that both Will and Mary got out of the car to give me a hug and put the books away for me. A few hours later I am feeling a better, but still a little sore. As I am pretty casual about the kid's pains and boo-boos, "It's not bleeding, you will be fine. Now go play," I think this will remind me to be more kind to my children when they are injured, as they were to me today.

2 comments:

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Ouch!

Every once in while I am also reminded of how painful something like a bump on the head really is. I find the way most kids deal with it absolutely amazing, sometimes. An 'ouch,' a few tears, a hug, and it's back to whatever activity had been interrupted.

Barbara said...

Hope your head is better. I think the kids are always surprised that mom can get hurt too!