Friday, December 21, 2007

school is out!

Today was our last school day, but the poor little children will only get 1 week off before it is back to the grindstone. Even with a bit of time off we will still have piano practice and be working on Will's book report. I feel that school needs to be finished before we move, otherwise it will never get done.

Currently we are on week 15, but we might soon slow the pace down a bit. Last week, the local homeschool group's Christmas party was hosted by one of the moms and as she showed off her son's ultra-organized Lego Technic studio, I thought, "Will would just love this." Well, she is teaching a class Exploring Simple Machines, one of a multitude of Friday enrichment classes offered by the group. Mary, the little artist, got all excited when I told her about the Drawing for Fun class. The other two classes I am looking into are Essentials of Physics 1 for Will and Mad Science for Mary.

I have never signed up for co-op classes before so I am looking forward to hanging out with other homeschool moms as well as have the kids learn some science.

No comments: