Thursday, November 22, 2007

my first 8K

This morning I woke at 6am to head out for a Gallop and Gorge 5 mile race. You would think that the early 8am start on Thanksgiving morning would result in low turnout, but there were over 800 runners. It was a chilly and wet start, warming up quickly in the bright sunshine. My time was 38:55, which roughly averaged a 7:45 minute mile. I felt good the whole race and passed people up until the end. Running up and down hills on local trails has improved my stamina.

The turkey is in the oven and everyone is playing chess, cutting out pictures from catalogues, or reading. I spent a little time googling a wrist GPS I saw someone wearing this morning. It tells you how far you have run, as well as your time and pace. At only $200, I think it would make a great Christmas gift!

With a clear conscious I can now eat 2 helpings of everything this afternoon and later eat 3 pieces of pumpkin pie. I already ran off all those calories!

No comments: