Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oh, when the Saints say "trick or treat"

I have finally finished up the world's supposedly easiest Halloween costumes, but making Will look like he has been shot full of arrows has proved to be a difficult task. I started with dowel rods with paper feathers glued on, but couldn't figure out a way to attach them to his tunic. Plan B,C, and D were all discarded after failing miserably (I didn't want to put holes in the fabric so I could use it again for someone else). Finally I sewed straws onto the tunic, filled the ends with glue and stuffed the dowel rods down the holes. I am waiting until they dry to see if they look realistic.

Our traveling evangelization team this evening: St. Stephen with an aluminum foil rock sewed on his shoulder, St. Agnes holding her lamb, St. Sebastian with the cursed arrows, an angel (for the 3rd year), and a little bumblebee (left over from our pre-Catholic days).

Hope your little ones don't bounce off the walls half the night from a sugar rush just in time for Mass tomorrow on All Saints Day.

2 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

I can't wait to see that costume. My kids have yet to choose something that challenging. This year I sewed a Missionary of Charity habit and made St. Martin a cloak with simulated tearing action! Thank you velcro!

Karen said...

what no pics? :) Here's a link to the last costumes I made..
http://picasaweb.google.com/maryskey/AllSaintsCostumes20052002