Sunday, November 19, 2006

running is stressful?

I ran my 2nd 5k yesterday afternoon and even though I broke through the wall in training, felt fast and good, I ran the same pace and got 25:09. I was 3rd in my age group even though there were probably 200 more runners in this race and found that I could have been 1st if I had run 1 minute faster.
We had several incidents which made it an exciting afternoon, any one would have been sufficient in the stress out Mommy category. I wanted the whole family there to cheer me on so insisted that everyone go. We drove the 30 minutes to the Botanical Garden to find that Maggie had fallen asleep and wet her pants. So, Tim had to drive back home to change her clothes and missed the entire race. I didn't remember until the car was gone that I had left my water and handkerchief in it. Will got lost in the after-race crowd and was found crying in the parking lot. While we were frantically searching for him the DJ announced, "would the parents of William ___ ___, please come forward, we have your son." Then to top the afternoon off, I find that it almost impossible to nurse wearing a sports bra. So, poor Timmy screamed the entire way home because he hadn't eaten for 4 hours.
Next race: 2 weeks, same course.
I think I'll leave the kids at home.

No comments: