Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Now, birthdays in our household are pretty low-key affairs- a cake, a few gifts, a little off-key singing. But no note left by my dear husband saying how grateful he is that he is married to wonderful me, even if I am now officially old? No little parade of footsteps down the stairs to secretly hang the official Happy Birthday sign?

Oh, its only 6:45am.

You are officially notified that these things are expected today. Even old ladies want recognition on their birthdays.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katherine! "Officially Old"...Wow, that must make me ancient then! :)
Laura D.

kat said...

Well, I guess I was "officially old" by OB standards last year, but now I'm REALLY old!

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Happy birthday a day late, you old lady you! Am I to assume you hit the big 4-0 ? Honestly, you don't look at day over 35, even when you are busy house hunting by yourself with two kiddos in tow and trying to sqeeze in a Mass and dinner with someone you've never met before!

Really, you're only as old as you think you are, and I know your spirit is much younger!

I hope you had a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Okay, there is no way that you turned 40. I'm turning 40 in January and you look waaay younger then me.(Hence the comment about me being ancient above!) I'm guessing that you turned 36 or possibly 37 right?

kat said...

You are right! (36)
Oh, please don't take it the wrong way, I was in no way implying that 40 is really ancient, I was trying to make fun of myself:)
Katherine

Anonymous said...

:) :) :)

Laura