Monday, February 22, 2010

score!

Last evening after bathing the little children I scooted on down to Trader Joe's (or as we call is Trader Jim Bob's) to pick up some more juicy clementine oranges. The kids went through the bag I bought on Saturday morning in about 1 day. The last bag on the shelf was passed over for good reason, there were two nasty looking fruits sitting on top so I asked a produce guy, "Are there any more of these in the back? and "Can I get a discount on these?" when he said that they were the last ones in the store. I went up to the "Captain" at the front and explained the situation and again asked for a discount. After much hemming and hawing about not being able to give discounts she said, "Just take them."

Of course, after a productive morning at co-op there are only 5 tiny fruits left (out of 35) and now the kids are clamoring, "Can you get some more of those yummy oranges?" I doubt I'm going to get more free food, but I would rather they fill up on fresh fruit than artificially flavored "fruit" gummy snacks.

No comments: