Thursday, February 26, 2009

not so patiently waiting

It certainly was easier being pregnant with Will, even though he "cooked" the longest. When I nested, things stayed clean and tidy. When I packed my suitcase, it stayed packed. When I wanted to nap, rest, snack, or shop I was free do these things anytime I wished.

This time around, the logistical issues are overwhelming. I clean the house and before I finish one floor, it has toys (or rosary beads) strewn across it.
I have had to repack my bag 3 times now because my hairbrush keeps ending up in the kid's bathroom (Timmy and I routinely sing "Oh, where is my hairbrush?" from Veggie Tales as a really bad comedy act). The kids ask me every morning and evening, "Is Baby Sunshine coming today/tonight?" I don't have the opportunity to lie down for more than 5 minutes before someone is calling my name. I can't even shop because I'm trying not to spend money after my $200 stocking-up trip to the Commissary and I don't want to hear, "Can I have XYZ?" from anyone under the age of 11.

So here I gestate and wait, I read and then hurry to the library to stock up on more books so I don't get stuck at the hospital with nothing left in the stack.

I sew, but with no plan other than to stay busy making blocks.

At this rate, I'm going to have read the entire fiction department at the local library and enough blocks for a king sized quilt before I put my hand on my tummy and say, "It's time to go!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I think she may be getting close! That restlessness!

I predict March 4th only because that is ds's bday (a month early and 12 years ago)!

God Bless Kat, you're getting there!

TracyW.