Monday, February 09, 2009

hard job

I've never had to fire anyone before, but this morning I let one of the babysitters know that we would no longer need her services. I have enough emotional upheaval in my life and I don't need to get phone calls during evening storytime filled with excuses and college angst. I certainly don't need to pay someone for an hour's worth of work and only get 45-50 minutes of face time. I don't like that all Timmy wants to do is cuddle in Will's lap, resulting in Will taking twice as long to get his assignments completed. The big downside is that the little ones will be watching more Little Bear and Thomas the Tank Engine videos.

Hopefully now we will have a little more peace in our home, which ironically is the reason I decided to hire sitters in the first place.

No comments: