Monday, April 04, 2011

first 10K

51:06
Over very bumpy ( I did twist my ankle during the last 1/2 mile) and muddy terrain I managed a 8:14 pace, but by the 6th mile I thought I was slogging after getting passed by at least 4 people. I did stick around for the awards ceremony and picked up 3rd place in my age group.

Someone asked, "So was this a training run for the 1/2 marathon?"

"I homeschool 6 kids. I don't have a training plan. Some days I run 4 miles and some I shoot for 8-9." What a shock to find that all 3 people I was chatting with were homeschooled themselves! The dad of a very cute 8 month old never set foot in a classroom until college.

So I'll baby my ankle for a couple of days and then pour on the miles so I can manage twice Saturday's distance without collapsing. Mary and I are going to do a 5K together in a few weeks and then my last race here before we leave for Maine will be a 4 miler complete with a free pancake breakfast afterwards.  

No comments: