Thursday, June 11, 2009

ready for the IHM Conference

Tomorrow is the IHM Catholic Homeschooling and Family Life Conference in Chantilly, VA. I have gone twice before, but since we lived so far away I stayed in the hotel. This time I can only go for one day with Will and Mary's piano recital and Charlie's birthday on Saturday, but I am looking forward to the exciting speakers, the myriad of items for sale, and seeing many old friends. I had to scramble to find someone to watch the kids, Tim is on call that day and he couldn't stay home (he said he would take them all to work- bad idea) but luckily my cousin Ann volunteered to come over at 8am through lunchtime. I then asked on the local Catholic homeschool Yahoo group if anyone had a teenage daughter who could sit and voila! lovely college student Shelia called and is going to relieve Ann until Tim gets home.

With that logistical nightmare figured out I then set my brain to deciding how I was going to nurse Julia Ellen without showing too much flesh. After seeing several ladies with new nursing covers I decided to make myself one.

Now if I could just figure out how to cart around the baby, my purse, and my new books without resorting to buying a new stroller at BabysRUs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katherine,
You did a very nice job of it! I am pregnant (due in 2 weeks). It is a boy and we will name him Jacob Benjamin. I check in to visit every so often! Anyways...I too was interested in buying a nursing cover. Well, I found one at Target and bought it without too much inspection. Upon my arrival home I saw that the tag (on the OUTSIDE of the cover) said "Hooter Hiders". Needless to say I will be taking scissors to that! :)
JMJ,
Laura
I'm glad that Will did a great job serving all by himself!