Thursday, January 24, 2013

sub 5 banquet

On Sunday evening I watched Tim drive the rest of the family to Mass (I went earlier) while I prepared my hair for the annual running banquet to give accolades to the best runners in the Bangor area.  I didn't know what to wear, but I wasn't the only one, as there was quite a variety, from semi-formal dresses to jeans and hoodies. My friend Lisa (the 50-59 age bracket winner) said, "It seems strange to see everyone wearing their clothes." Our prizes weren't as fancy as last year's gear bags (which Mary has commandeered for basketball), but I was surprised to find that I won the award for "Outstanding Female Racing Season," basically the most improved runner category. 

My goal this year was to run every race in the series, but I blew that on New Year's Eve by missing the first race with the flu. There was no way I could have even walked it with a 101F temp and being dizzy enough to barely sit up in bed. I don't know what my revised running goal this year is, but I'm going to petition for sports bags again next year as prizes for sure. 

No comments: