Sunday, May 06, 2012

back in the blogging groove

My old computer that I was having blackout issues with for the past year finally bit the dust completely the day Tim dropped us off at the farm. Four days with no access to news other than the radio made me so crazy that Tim scrounged up enough money to buy me a new fancy-schmancy laptop that will NOT have children's games/Minecraft/13 year old boys downloading illicit copies of Windows 7... and I think that means it will last longer than the old one that had its inside fried. Just in time because Henry Cate emailed me this morning asking me to host the Carnival of Homeschooling next week.

So, if you have a post relating in ANY way to homeschooling, such as a funny event, a field trip, a craft you taught the kids, a new book or curriculum you bought, please email it to: CarnivalOfHomeschooling@gmail.com by 6:00 PM next Monday evening. It will be greatly appreciated if the submissions come in earlier. Please send the following information:

Title of Post
URL of Post
Name of Blog
URL of Blog
Brief summary of the post
(With "carnival" or "submission" in the subject field of the email.)


However, since I have no access to my 13 year old computer expert, I am having trouble figuring out if my Ipod music list is on an account somewhere or lost inside my old laptop. If you know, please let me know.  

1 comment:

Softie said...

Kat,
The music you purchased through itunes will still be available in your itunes account. If you created personal playlists from this music and you still have your ipod you will still have the playlist both on the ipod and when you plug your ipod back into the computer and open itunes. If for some reason you no longer have the ipod then you may have to recreate the playlists but all the music you purchased will still be available in your itunes account.

I hope this is what you wanted to know. I also wish you good luck in setting up your new computer.

I am not a homeschooler. In fact, I am a school counselor employed in a public school but I always enjoy reading your blog.

Life in Maine sounds wonderful!
Have a good week,
Jan