Sunday, August 30, 2009

tomorrow is the big day

We officially begin the 2009-2010 school year at 9am. Luckily I pulled out all the books and stacked them on Friday because it was apparent that we were missing Charlie's and Mary's religion books.
Luckily I was able to just call Tim and he found them on the proper shelf, boxed them up, and mailed them early Saturday morning. This will be our 7th year of homeschooling and I am getting so excited about all the new things we will learn, adventures we will have, and time spent together. Some days will be good, some fair, and some downright awful but I wouldn't trade my job as a homeschooler for anything in the world.

3 comments:

Maurisa said...

God Bless your new school year! We begin the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Karen said...

After more than a decade of homeschooling, I was more than happy to trade in homeschooling for the Catholic school in Maple Hill, KS. :-D http://www.stjohnv.com/

Anonymous said...

Having homeschooled my daughter 4 grades in 3 years "way back when", I am very impressed by your stick-to-it-iveness. There is no job more demanding than educating your own children. And there is no job more rewarding.

My daughter garnered Soldier of the Month and Soldier of the Quarter honors during her 15-month visit to Iraq, and I'd like to think I was part of the reason for her success. But, man, the work involved in her primary education was very heavy. To hang in there for seven years is impressive.