Monday, June 02, 2008

pray with me

I am not one of those folks who line up to see celebrities or idolize famous people in the media, but was startled to check my email this morning and discover that Teddy Kennedy is having surgery, not 30 minutes from here, at Duke University for a malignant glioma brain tumor discovered two weeks ago. I immediately recalled a conversation a few years ago with a priest in Maine who said, "If you had come with me last week over to Islesboro for Mass you would have seen Teddy Kennedy. He was here staying with a golfing buddy." At the time I wasn't too fond of the pro-abortion Catholic from Massachusetts, but didn't have the nerve to ask the priest if he gave him Holy Communion.

Today's news article states that the Senator plans to return to his political life and,"help elect Barack Obama the next president of the United States." Perhaps our prayers will change his heart to follow Catholic teaching regarding abortion. Sen Kennedy has a terrible prognosis and will likely soon meet Our Lord in the Particular Judgement. Our prayers now are with him and his family for conversion and comfort.

No comments: