Saturday, June 21, 2008

disclaimer

The rapid discoloration and swelling on my left cheekbone is not from any violence on the part of my spouse (as if!) or children, but due to my own stupidity. If you happen to be cleaning up the yard today and spy a large dead branch hanging down, do not yank with all your might. It could swing back and whack you in the face. I wish that someone had warned me 30 minutes ago.

Of course we are going to dinner tonight at a work colleague's home. I'm hoping that they just think that Tim's wife is a closet biker chicks who just happened to be in a bar fight.

I think I'll go put an ice pack on my face and go lie down....

1 comment:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Ha ha ha!

Once I actually gave myself a black eye by running into a doorknob. I told my husband I'd have to tell everyone he hit me, since no one would believe the truth! LOL!