Tuesday, September 09, 2008

big announcement

Well, I guess I should make it official: #6 “Baby Sunshine” is on the way, due in the middle of March. While we weren’t expecting this, it is welcome news. What else could a baby be? I suppose we will have to buy a bigger kitchen table so we can all fit, but that is a small price to pay for another soul from God.

This past weekend we told our families and the reactions ranged from, “I thought you would have been satisfied with 5 children,” to “We are just so thrilled!” The one thing everyone agreed on was that the names we picked were just perfect. I had promised Mother 1 year and 3 days ago that if I had another girl I would name her after her Grammy. “Please God let it be Julia, but if Henry appears then we will still be happy.”

As for my running schedule, well it got chucked as soon as I saw that blue line in the bathroom. There is always time to train and compete, after all I saw 80 year old ladies in some of races I was in this past year, but not one of them was pregnant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have been reading your blog for a while now and have enjoyed seeing how you and your five kiddos manage the day to day stuff and still maintain a strong faith. Congratulations again from me and my five to your family.

Theresa

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS Katherine! I am so happy for you. I'll pass the word at church! :)
I'll be praying for you.
JMJ,
Laura Dumais

Karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I like Julia! :) It was my husband's great-grandmother's name.
(I'm still looking for a date to get togther with you all)

--
~Karen in Maine
married to Paul
Mother of 13: Josh (18½), Brittany (13½), Sarah (12½), Katie (11½)
Lauren (10½), Christopher (9), Julia (8), Veronica (7 on 8/9)
Emily (6 on 9/12), Mia (4), Alexandra (3), Gabriel (21 mos.)
& Ysabel Grace b. 7/2/08, 7 lbs. 8.2 oz., 21" long

Henry Cate said...

Congratulations. That is wonderful. Best wishes.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Blessed news indeed!

I'm always amazed at the reactions some people give when they hear of a pregnancy. I had family dropping their jaws when we announced I was pregnant with our third. Why can't everyone just rejoice in the news of a new life.

Julia and Henry are both lovely names!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering if you were! Congratulations!