Tracy over at Woodland Word tagged me with this about prayer life:
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
The Fatima prayer, O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell...
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
Hail Holy Queen
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I wear a Miraculous medal, though I lost mine a few weeks ago at my last road race. My sweet husband bought me another for Christmas. I got the chain at the pawn shop and now realize that it is better to buy chains new. Maybe I'll get one for Valentine's Day (hint, hint).
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes, I bought an exquisite ceramic font in Vietri, Italy when we were stationed in Naples. It is elaborately sculpted with a small roof and columns with a small bowl underneath. A painting of Our Lady and the Infant Jesus is positioned above the bowl. I use it every time we leave the house. Watching Charlie dip and smear some water on his head makes me laugh every day!
5. Do you offer up your sufferings?
As a convert I find this one of the lovely things about the Catholic faith, a constant offering of oneself to others, even one's suffering. However, this is one of those things I haven't yet learned to do well. Pray for me that I will do this more. Think how many souls in Purgatory could be released if I stopped griping and silently offered up my difficulties.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
One of us usually tries to go to Mass these days, if only because Will is serving. It's another one of those things my mind hasn't fully grasped yet.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently?
No. Going to Mass with my crew is enough crowd control for the present time. Maybe when the little ones get older or I have a live-in babysitter.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Bless us, O Lord, and these thy gifts... Maggie is our prayer police (not that we need it), "Say GRACE!" In the past few days she hurries to her seat, says grace alone and starts eating. She doesn't understand that we should say it together if possible, "I SAID grace already Daddy!"
I have finally gotten over my own childhood embarassment over saying grace in public, hopefully something the kids will never pick up.
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
St. Therese of Liseux. She made it possible for the ordinary of us to know the way to become a Saint. I don't particularly want to become a Saint by martyrdom and can't consecrate my virginity (too late with 5 kids and being married).
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Though usually it's "Help me Lord Jesus".
13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
We have a little prayer corner in a quiet room in the house. Kneeling in front of the crucifix and a statue of the Blessed Mother helps me focus.
14. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes, we say a Hail Mary when we hear an ambulance or fire engine too.
If you read this you are tagged!